During todays lesson, we tested three different dyes on lots of different fabric using resists. At the start of the lesson we were not told which dyes were which, so we just experimented with each one. We tied our fabric using string (like tie-dye) and we also used plastic shapes and G-clamps.
After finishing a few pieces, it was clear the blue dye hadn’t worked so well, however there was one particular fabric that each dye seemed to attract to. (not sure what this fabric is called though). We were then told what each dye was, and I created a chart with each of the fabrics on it, to show how each fabric reacts to each type of dye.