Today was the first print workshop this term, where we completed screen printing. We first picked our images, which I had decided to look at a photograph taken my Marchand and Meffre, of an atrium in an interesting building in Detroit. I outlined this image on illustrator to get the main shapes and decided to use that for my print. We copied the image onto A3 and covered the paper in oil. We the placed the image onto the light box and placed the prepared screen on top. After which we then shut the lid on, and it looked as if it sucked the air out of the space. Not exactly sure how this worked but I went with it. We then washed the screens with the jet washer to release the shapes of our image on the screen. Afterwards we taped up the screen ready to print. we prepared some fabric and printed different colour’s threw the screen. This technique was a lot easier to techniques I had used previously to screen print. I was very pleased with the results.